[Bloat] fixing a bad day: uncle bill's helicopter

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 11:52:12 EDT 2015

If ever you are having a bad day, where something you worked on doesn't work or,
fails miserably, this was my attempt at doing "chicken soup for
engineers", in my first-ever
recorded speech at a talk in front of some graduating students from
ITT tech in late 2002.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030202035956/http://www.taht.net/ubh.html

I was pleased to see that archive.org had also preserved the recorded
version, which I recommend over the text. I kept the recording on an
mp3 player, in case of emergencies....

http://web.archive.org/web/20030701000000*/http://mvista.sourceforge.net/ubh/uncle_bills_helicopter.ogg
(can't find the mp3, hope .ogg still works for most people)

(after that talk I retired & changed my name from michael to dave
(middle name) - and for the record, my best title ever, was "VP,
Technical Stuff" - but the introducer thought that wasn't impressive
enough)

For some reason, I really needed to hear myself saying all these
positive things in order to get up this morning. Perhaps this talk
will help some of you, too, one day, when you need it.

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb