[Bloat] Windows 10 updates multhread limit Feature request to Microsoft

cloneman bufferbloat at flamingpc.com
Sat Mar 28 02:25:16 EDT 2020

I don't know if the Windows 10 updates multithreading problem is still
relevant for many users, but it certainly still affects me as user with
low bufferbloat, low latency, and only moderate bandwidth (50mbit , 4ms
idle, ~9ms loaded)

In any case, I have submitted official feedback to microsoft, as I've
exhausted any possible workarounds on my end short of implementing a
Windows update cache server on my LAN (go figure, apparently the cache
servers download with a small number of threads).

After posting this link -- I'm done advocating for this issue. I think
valve steam has made some improvements, they still use many threads, but
somehow, it doesn't create as many issues.There seems to be no interest in
most discussion forums to explore this with any depth -- or even admit that
20 connections to 1-2 servers is problematic.

Feedback hub link
https://aka.ms/AA7zg1r