[Bloat] Freenode IRC kerfuffle

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sun May 30 18:00:12 EDT 2021

Hi everyone

In case you haven't noticed, there's been quite a kerfuffle around the
Freenode IRC network. As always, LWN has excellent coverage[0]. This has
resulted in quite an exodus from Freenode, and since some people were
hanging on the #bufferbloat channel there, I figured I'd mention it on
this list as well.

People seem to be migrating to either irc.oftc.net or the new
libera.chat network setup by the old Freenode admins. OpenWrt picked
OFTC[1], so I registered #bufferbloat there as well, although I seem to
be the only person there. There also seem to be a few people hanging out
in #bufferbloat on Libera.

Anyway, the above just FYI in case any of y'all are still using IRC and
want a place to talk about bloat there :)

-Toke

[0] https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/857140/68d7cc81b184fa26/
[1] https://openwrt.org/irc