[Cake] Configuring cake for VDSL2 bridged connection

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Wed Aug 24 04:52:29 EDT 2016

The 'less wrong' overhead figure is 12.  The incumbent telco BT who
provide access to the 'last mile' (or the bit from the nearest FTTC
cabinet and the property) use a VLAN tag, adding another 4 bytes to each
frame going over the wire.

The above guesswork based on SIN498 http://www.sinet.bt.com/sinet/SINs/
(and inspection of the default settings on a BT supplied modem)  I offer
it as in theory being 'less wrong' rather than a practical 'correct'.