[Cake] COBALT implementation in ns-3 with results under different traffic scenarios

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:07:17 EST 2019

> On 25 Jan, 2019, at 4:48 pm, Shefali Gupta <shefaligups11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We have added CoDel and PIE graphs for Heavy and Mix scenarios.

Excellent!

Here we can clearly see the difference that my approach to recovery from the dropping state makes; COBALT maintains much better control of the queue when heavily loaded.  The difference is much smaller with the light traffic, because both Codel and COBALT have enough time to recover completely to the quiescent state in that case.

This is definitely worth writing about in a paper.  You'll probably want my insight into the precise nature of the difference.  For that purpose, I'll plot out the drop logs as frequency charts, which should give some clue as to whether BLUE is in effect as well as Codel.