[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt 3.3.1-4

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 22:48:05 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Richard Brown
<richard.e.brown at dartware.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Congratulations on taming the wifi,

hat off to the guys at openwrt for 99.% of that....

> adding CUBIC, and otherwise getting CeroWrt building and working again. Sorry you're still suffering with #113. Questions:

> 1) Is 3.3.1-4 worth posting for testing? I installed it and it seems to be operating fine. (DNS names *were* dead for a while after reboot. It seemed like only a couple minutes before the router began supplying them.)

Your tolerance for "first boot" time pain is higher than mine.

> 2) If 3.3.1-4 is good enough for testing, we should update the release notes. Let me know what has changed, and I'll update the page. http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/CeroWrt_33_Release_Notes

I'm sitting here watching a video feed that Steinar Gunderson, just
gave me of the 'gathering'

http://www.gathering.org/tg12/en/

over ipv6. from norway. at 720p. over udp. through cerowrt. through
sfqred. to my laptop.

and it looks and sounds pretty darn good. Too bad I don't speak the language.

cero's otherwise been through the wrigner for 3 days, it's worth
letting out for more testing, so yes...

as for what changed... I guess I'll write it but not tonight.

> I'm corresponding with Travis at OpenWrt to see what is necessary to devote the spares cycles on my quad-core box at home to the OpenWrt buildbot system. I'll let you know when there's something to report.

I think that being able to distribute a linux vm that 'just works' to
build openwrt and/or cerowrt would be a goodness. It would help out
mac and pc guys a lot. (this is mildly different than having a vm
that's a buildslave... but doing both in one vm seems feasible and
desirable)

I'm trying to scrounge up more hardware. I could easily light up 40
boxes and over a hundred cpus on this task, even if the problem was
under control. I think I maybe able to scrounge a few boxes but the
electricity and rack space needed to run them...

> Best,
>
> Rich

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608