[Cerowrt-devel] 6in4 not re-registering with Tunnelbroker.net?

Richard Brown richard.e.brown at dartware.com
Sun Apr 8 12:12:30 EDT 2012

I'm playing with a free IPv6 tunnel from the http://tunnelbroker.net site (Hurricane Electric). It's working fine: when the tunnel is up, I can ping and connect to IPv6 hosts.

I've created a page to describe the (remarkably simple) process of setting up the TunnelBroker account and configuring CeroWrt at:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/IPv6_Tunnel

The current problem is that I lose my connection at midnight. I have observed that my ISP changes my DSL external IPv4 address every day at that time. This knocks down the IPv6 tunnel, but it never comes back.

I have checked the "Dynamic Tunnel" box in the HENET interface configuration to enable HE.net dynamic endpoint update. (It's the default setting.) When I re-establish it manually (using the process in the URL above) it comes right back up.

The OpenWrt developer site makes it seem that this was fixed many months ago. (See, for example https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/10019 and r28475 and r28476.) How can I troubleshoot this? Thanks.

Rich