[Cerowrt-devel] Still trouble with 6in4 tunnel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:05:17 EDT 2012

I note full 6rd support for all sorts of netmasks just landed in
openwrt (and I'll have it in cerowrt-3.3.8-6), and that apparently it
works on AT&T's network as well as things like free.fr. 6to4 support
has also been improved...

As for the issue with multiple ipv6 interfaces, I'm away from the
bloatlab#1 and between releases of cerowrt so I don't think I'll be
able to get to it until cero stablizes again next week.

I am trying to get a "bloatlab  #2" up on comcast in particular somehow,
using openwrt in part and cerowrt in others - basically eventually
entirely replacing the local wifi network where I'm living in
california  - but am bottlenecked on funds for the needed hardware
(need 6 ubiquity nanostation 5Ms and a 3-5 radios with omnis in
addition to 3 3800s)

and of course, time/energy/food money. Goal in life on this setup is to

0) Get ipv6 working well

1) get some real-life data on how all the work done so far works in real life
    This includes things like getting constant monitoring done via dartware (:))

2) prototype the eventual wireless fixes to the mac80211 layer.
FQ_codel is actually doing a surprisingly good job with the current
hacks on top of wifi, but we think we can do much better, although the
work looks to take 6-9 months with the all volunteer effort....

3) Test out some of the new mesh networking code - authenticated
routing has landed in quagga! woo-hoo!

This is just one project proposal among many I'm dealing with, it
really comes down to what project shows up with funding first. I
happen to be motivated to do it because the network where I am is
terrible - and actually based on hardware designed and deployed almost
10 years ago based on recommendations in my/greg's old arlan wireless
howto! - so I'm willing to fix it for everyone in this complex just to
get it *right* for me, and gain some more operational experience.....
and lastly the hw budget is under 1.5k for the basic gear...

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Richard Brown
<richard.e.brown at dartware.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> On Jun 10, 2012, at 3:00 PM, Richard Brown <richard.e.brown at dartware.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been working off and on to get IPv6 addressing working on multiple interfaces on CeroWrt 3.3.6-2. I can make it work on any single interface, but not two at once
>
> As I noted in the earlier message (10 June), I'm on the air with IPv6 on a single interface, which is sufficient for my testing purposes.
>
> Any chance that you'll get a chance to look at this? (I'm out of town from this weekend for two weeks, so I won't be looking after that...)
>
> Thanks for all your good work!
>
> Rich Brown
> Hanover, NH USA

SKYPE: davetaht