[Cerowrt-devel] understanding_cerowrt_buildsystem

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Fri Sep 21 17:08:41 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> My overall thought at the moment is to hold a "building
> openwrt/cerowrt google hangout" with as many participants as possible,
> get some your versions built, record the thing, see what barriers
> there are to making it easier, and smash them.

Sounds good! I don't know all the time zones people are in, but I'm in CEST
(GMT+2 at the moment).

> I'm back in california now and migrating back to PDT, when would be a
> good time to get everyone together? Saturday?

Short notice, but might be. I suggest you invite folks, see how many join,
how many reject but wanted to join.
And hold another session a week after.

For the agenda I'd suggest including these topics:
- quick walkthrough of build process
- resolving missing file issue
- adding new software to packages
- any advice on kernel config?

I note that I'm very free with commit access to the ceropackages repo
> in particular. If, in order to make forward progress on the dlna, upnp
> issues, we have to move those into ceropackages, go for it. The whole
> point of ceropackages was to try to find ways to quickly spin up and
> eventually push out, new, improved, interesting packages into openwrt
> mainline.
>

> Regardless pls send along your github ids, and I'll add you.

Although I've done my share of coding, patching, using cvs, I'm a github
newbe:
https://github.com/pysiak

Regards,
Maciej