[Cerowrt-devel] 6to4 [bug #406]

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:56:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Chris Lawrence <lordsutch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've only noticed one real problem thus far: radvd is still
> advertising incorrect subnet addresses for 6to4 connections (addresses
> that start with 0:0:0:$adv_subnet, which clearly are wrong since all
> the addresses should be under 2002: to be routable on the ipv6
> Internet).  The fix is simple: in /lib/netifd/proto/6to4.sh, line 162
> should read:
>
>                                 "$wancfg" "$subnet6" \
>
> instead of the printf call that's there now.  This is probably an
> upstream OpenWRT problem too.

Actually, no, the correct line would be:

                        set_6to4_radvd_prefix    "$sid" "$adv_interface" \
                                "$wancfg" "$(printf "%s:%x::/64"
$prefix6 $adv_subnet) \
                                "$adv_valid_lifetime" "$adv_preferred_lifetime"

arguably "subnet6" is misnamed.

There is another bug in this script in correctly adding multiple
interfaces. It succeeds on the first, but not the rest, and thus far I
can't figure out why.

There is another bug in that arguably the interface itself should have
a prefix lifetime (monitored somehow) and mtu set and I'd argue for
marking it secondary in the hope that someday real ipv6 addresses
would become common.

And last bug, in that with the latest quagga OR dnsmasq, radvd is not
needed, except for detecting and generating the 6to4 prefix.

> Chris
> --
> Chris Lawrence <lordsutch at gmail.com>
>
> Website: http://www.cnlawrence.com/