[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt 3.10 AQM page

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Dec 20 16:40:23 EST 2013

Hi Rich,

On Dec 20, 2013, at 22:25 , Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have always hungered for a two-part entry for the up and download link speeds. It’s a little bit of a crock to make every customer break out their calculator to compute 95% (or 92% or whatever discount they wish to impose) and type in that computed number.
>
> I think I would prefer to let customers enter the link speed and the discount factor separately, and let the computer figure it out. Something like this photoshopped image:
>
> <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

	This looks quite doable, if we go that route we definitely need independent toggles for up and down (at least as advanced options). What is harder is to actually report back the shaped rates in the GUI, at least with my level of expertise with the GUI and lua that is.

> Or even separate fudge factors for the Download and Upload stats - it would be cool if they were side-by-side, e.g.
>
> Download Speed (kbit/s)    6500     95
> Upload Speed (kbit/s)         700       95

	That looks nice, no idea yet how to implement that though.

> @Sebastian: please don’t get heart failure :-) I have no idea whether the luci GUI toolbox gives you this kind of flexibility…

	Nor do I. Alas I am off for a two week family holiday away from home, so I will most likely not do any changes/prototyping before next year…

Best Regards
	sebastian