[Cerowrt-devel] Testing 3.10.24-8

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Wed Dec 25 18:02:49 EST 2013

Flashed 3.10.24-8 and ran a bunch of tests against it on my VDSL line.
All the data is here:

http://files.toke.dk/bufferbloat/data/cerowrt-3.10.24-8/

which documents my tests of several different speed settings for the SQM
scripts. Ended up sticking with 46000/9800 Kbit/s corresponding to these
plots:

http://files.toke.dk/bufferbloat/data/cerowrt-3.10.24-8/rrul-2013-12-25T232954.622558.3_10_24_8_46000_9800_ethernet_overhead_0_simplest_.json.gz_all_scaled.svg
http://files.toke.dk/bufferbloat/data/cerowrt-3.10.24-8/rrul-2013-12-25T232954.622558.3_10_24_8_46000_9800_ethernet_overhead_0_simplest_.json.gz_ping_cdf.svg
http://files.toke.dk/bufferbloat/data/cerowrt-3.10.24-8/rrul-2013-12-25T232954.622558.3_10_24_8_46000_9800_ethernet_overhead_0_simplest_.json.gz_totals.svg

I ran some tests over wifi, which mostly just show that my laptop's wifi
chipset sucks. Didn't manage to get any TX dma errors, though.

Oh, and I got rid of the fixdaemons script in my own build and haven't
had any trouble getting dnsmasq to come up, nor have I seen other averse
effects.

Also, I fixed the sysupgrade script and pushed the change to git, so
next time Dave spins a build, it should be included. :)

-Toke