[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt dev 3.8.13-7 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 02:10:25 EDT 2013

And is at:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.8.13-7/

I've had it up and running a few days on a couple routers,

and yes, I'm still trying to take some time off but:

+ can't crash it over wifi anymore
+ AQM + gui is coming along, am looking at gargoyle's methods a bit now...

- Known bug: 6in4 does not work via the gui or openwrt config file - this
bug has existed for about a month now
and I haven't looked into it. I did look into fixing fq_codel performance
under 6in4, and that patch is in here,
so after a bit more testing I'll try to get that upstream...

- the results I get from 802.11e are even more dismal than usual when the
VI and VO queues are in full use.
+ For purely best effort wifi traffic, things look pretty good.

I am seriously considering disabling 802.11e negotiation in the next
release.

I did prove 6in4 is working with the std-from-hurricane-electric script, so
it's a bug in netifd, cero's config, or elsewhere at the openwrt level...

modprobe ipv6
ip tunnel add he-ipv6 mode sit remote $the_he_tunnel  local $my_local_ip
ttl 255 tos inherit

# Note that I don't know if openwrt turns on tos inherit or not, btw, need
to look into it. It's potentially useful

ip link set he-ipv6 up
ip addr add $mylink/64 dev he-ipv6
ip route add ::/0 dev he-ipv6
ip -f inet6 addr