[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt dev 3.8.13-7 released

Steven Barth cyrus at openwrt.org
Wed Jun 12 04:00:56 EDT 2013

Not having looked at your particular 6in4 setup but I can imagine where
the issue comes from.

Source-based IPv6 routing was introduced a few weeks ago to properly
support multiple IPv6 uplink-interfaces. Therefore OpenWrt only let's
you route through the tunnel if it knows you have a suitable source address.

That means you now have to add your routed /64 or /48 in the 6in4 tunnel
settings (UCI-variable ip6prefix) either through the WebUI or in
/etc/config/network directly. See:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6#in4.tunnel.henet.tunnelbroker.sixxs.static.tunnel

In addition configuring the downstream interfaces using ip6addr is not
supported any more. One has to use the ip6assign/ip6hint/ip6class method
as described here:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network6#downstream.configuration.for.lan-interfaces

If you still use ip6addr instead of the new mechanism you might simply
get "Network Unreachable" errors or - in newer versions - "Source
address failed ingress/egress policy".

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steven