[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] Dave Täht quoted in the ACLU blog

David Lang david at lang.hm
Fri Jun 27 21:10:53 EDT 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com> wrote:
>    > Perhaps, but where does having gigabit fibre to a business imply the business
>    > has the space, power, and cooling to host all the servers it might need/wish
>    > to have?
>
> That's a secondary decision.
> Given roof space, solar panels and/or snow-outside, maybe the answer is that
> I regularly have 2 our of 3 of those available in a decentralized way.

given the amount of processing capacity that you can get today in a pasively
cooled system, you can do quite a bit of serving from a small amount of space
and power.

The days when it took rooms of Sun boxes to saturate a Gb line are long gone,
you can do that with just a handful of machines.

David Lang