[Cerowrt-devel] netflix through a sony BDP-S185 blue-ray player

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Mar 19 22:26:45 EDT 2014

> on the router (do this on a fairly idle network so the capture isn't too big)
>
> cd /tmp
> tcpdump -w sony.cap -s 1514 -i se00
> reboot the blueray player, have it fail
> control-c to abort the dump
> scp the sony.cap somewhere I can look at it

    http://www.ad1c.us/sony.cap

I powered on the router, then went into network diagnostics and tested
IPV4, which failed with the DHCP problem.

The player has a static address on my SSID-guest network.  On that
network, I turned off this setting:

  "Dynamically allocate DHCP addresses for clients. If disabled, only
clients having static leases will be served."

I was able to watch a video I owned at amazon.com, but I could not do
anything after that, and after re-booting the player, could not get
back to Amazon.  I checked the network settings and the IP address was
the static one, other data looked good.

Thanks for looking at this!

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us