[Cerowrt-devel] netflix through a sony BDP-S185 blue-ray player

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 20 12:30:55 EDT 2014

Dave spent a lot of time on E-mail with me last night (I can't think
him enough).  We finally got the Sony Blu-ray player to connect to the
'net.  Here's his theory (explanation) and the cure.  I can't imagine
the average consumer trying to deal with this, but I guess anyone
running CeroWRT on their router is probably not the average consumer.

I still have the old player, will try to get it going sometime over
the weekend, to see if was the same problem/cure.

Dave Taht:

"What I think was happening was that it was getting a DHCP response
with the 224 netmask, and ignoring it, setting it to 255.255.255.0
internally, which meant that TCP requests outside your network would
not [come] back in. The [Sony] GUI rejected your attempt to set it."

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us