[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: wndr3800 replacement

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:16:50 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mikael Abrahamsson

What do you think of http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wdr4900 as
wndr3800 replacement?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se

+ seems to have decent openwrt support, has anyone tried one?

+/- I used to like powerpc. Then apple got off it. It seems like arm
has most of the momentum nowadays.
+/- I am mostly in search of something that can honestly hit gigE
forwarding rates, and run htb
at 500Mbits/sec. Don't know if ANYTHING has that amount of oomph besides x86.
- I care about build quality and temp range for a long lasting device.
The wndr3800 was flown to 120k feet,
for example and I've seen it running in 100F+ weather. tp-link does
not strike me as devices that do that.

Other opinions welcomed.