[Cerowrt-devel] Issues with 5ghz after a couple of days' uptime

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Fri Mar 28 04:04:26 EDT 2014

So I've had a strange issue with the 5ghz network on my wndr after a few
days' uptime: Packets stopped getting through on the 5ghz network. I.e.
clients already connected could no longer connect to anything, and
trying to connect a new client resulted in the wlan association
succeeding, but the clients failing to get a DHCP lease.

There's nothing in the logs to indicate what might be wrong (no DMA
errors or anything like that). 'logread' shows dnsmasq receiving and
replying to DHCP requests, but the answers never reach the clients.

Restarting the wireless (i.e. running 'wifi') fixed it.

Any ideas? I'm on 3.10.32-12(ish). Built from git commit
9bbc728cb7508dce24c480ac63d6e4f63d5c02f5 from the cerowrt-3.10 repo. :)

-Toke