[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Jun 27 01:03:19 EDT 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Dave Taht wrote:

> Yes, but I am unsure from looking at the driver that using ethtool on
> the egress on the wrt1200ac will actually work, but pretty sure it will
> work if you set it on the server. feel free to try both. :)

I set speed 100 on my switch and did some new tests, I left SQM at 500M,
don't know what happens then, thought it was worthwile to test? Remember,
now I don't have fq_codel in the server->client direction, but there it's
an low buffered switchport that is doing the rate adaptation.

Btw, now I am running a nightly build that I compiled for myself for the
WRT1200AC, so if there is anything you would like me to try to change in
the mvneta driver, I can certainly test that. I can do serial console
access to the WRT1200AC if needed as well, I already "unbricked" it once.

Btw, disregard the title in the flent files, I just realised I forgot to
change the title argument. This is without iperf3, with SQM set to 500M,
but eth0 at 100megabit/full duplex.

http://swm.pp.se/aqm/wrt1200ac-150627-100m-sqm.tar

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se