[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Jun 29 05:12:38 EDT 2015

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015, Sebastian Moeller wrote:

> Hi Mikael,
>
> since coke overhead seems to work, you can switch back to link layer
> none or set the overhead to 0 again. Thanks for testing this, which
> helps getting sqm-scripts into better shape, but will not be helpful fur
> your tests. In case you want to try fancy options for cake the advances
> qdisc option strings in the queue discipline tab should work (caveat no
> error checking so one typo and the qdisc will most likely not be set-up
> properly).

What I would like to get working is that it builds a fully working image
out of the box. I have a problem with this, I believe it's because the
ceropackages and openwrt standard packages have overlapping names:

#openwrt/feeds$ grep -i sqm-scripts *
grep: cero: Is a directory
cero.index:Depends: +libc +SSP_SUPPORT:libssp +USE_GLIBC:librt +USE_GLIBC:libpthread lua luci-base +sqm-scripts
cero.index:Source-Makefile: feeds/cero/net/sqm-scripts/Makefile
cero.index:Package: sqm-scripts
grep: cero.tmp: Is a directory
grep: luci: Is a directory
grep: luci.tmp: Is a directory
grep: management: Is a directory
grep: management.tmp: Is a directory
grep: packages: Is a directory
packages.index:Depends: +libc +SSP_SUPPORT:libssp +USE_GLIBC:librt +USE_GLIBC:libpthread lua luci-base +sqm-scripts
packages.index:Source-Makefile: feeds/packages/net/sqm-scripts/Makefile
packages.index:Package: sqm-scripts
grep: packages.tmp: Is a directory
grep: routing: Is a directory
grep: routing.tmp: Is a directory
grep: targets: Is a directory
grep: targets.tmp: Is a directory
grep: telephony: Is a directory
grep: telephony.tmp: Is a directory

How can I tell which one of these actually is included? Tried moving the
feed statement so ceropackages was first but that doesn't seem to have
helped, I still get OpenWrt regular sqm-scripts (no cake in luci-app-sqm).

#openwrt/feeds$ find . -name luci-app-sqm
./packages/net/luci-app-sqm
./cero/luci/luci-app-sqm

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se