[Cerowrt-devel] the 3 focus problems we have

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Mar 19 16:15:38 EDT 2015

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015, Aaron Wood wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Cerowrt-devel] the 3 focus problems we have
>
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/16/2015 01:49 PM, David Lang wrote:

>>> this isn't sold as an AP, it's a bit pricy, but not insanely expensive
>>> ($200-250 depending on options)
>>>
>>> 1GHz dual core AMD cpu, 4G  1066RAM 2 mini PCIe 3xGid-E
>>>

> Has anyone rrul'd a WRT1900AC running ToT firmware?  It sounds like it's
> pretty beastly at 2x 1.2GHz ARM.  If it has the cache bandwidth (one of the
> suspected culprits for the low bandwidth capabilities of the various MIPS
> chipsets), it certainly has the compute power...
>
> It's $250 at BestBuy, $212 on Amazon.

the WRT1200ac is also due out soon, 2x2 instead of 3x3 but otherwise slightly
better specs

1900 2x1.2GHz ARM, 256M ram, 128M flash list $250
1200 2x1,3GHz ARM, 512M ram, 128M flash list $180

watching the OpenWRT mailing list, it also looks like the 1200 will have better
support than the 1900 did (I'm not sure if the 1900 now has full support or not)

David Lang