[Cerowrt-devel] Problems testing sqm

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:22:42 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a shiny new Linksys WRT1900ACS to test.
>
> I thought it might be nice to start with some comparisons of factory
> firmware vs OpenWRT with sqm enabled.

Here are my results with the same router (unless the WRT1900ACS is
different from the WRT1900AC):
http://burntchrome.blogspot.com/2015/06/sqmscripts-before-and-after-at-160mbps.html

> So I built and installed an openwrt trunk but the results were very
> non-impressive.  Rrul test reported mulit-seconds of latency and it was
> equally non-impressive with sqm enabled or disabled.  So I assumed that sqm
> in trunk on this device must not work yet.  Then I wondered how well sqm in
> trunk was tested and that perhaps its broken for all devices.

Trunk or the Chaos Calmer release?  (I"m running CC RC1)

> My test setup:
>
> Laptop<--1000BaseT-->DUT<--1000baseT-->Server

Which ports on the DUT were you using?  are those local ports, or is one of
those the "internet" port?

-Aaron