[Cerowrt-devel] hacking on babel 1.8.3

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Oct 4 10:27:45 EDT 2018

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018, Dave Taht wrote:

> I've been trying to deploy the latest openwrt to all ~40 routers I
> have. (I did get a reprieve on having to close the lab, but I have to
> update the whole campus as part of it).

I managed to get Homenet working on 18.06.1. There is a conflict with some
files so you have to do "opkg remove" on the dhcpv6 server, but after that
it installs cleanly and seems to work. I installed it on two machines and
they did all the homenet+hncp+babel things.

One thing I discovered is that I would like DHCPv6-PD lifetime capping, so
I can control the source address selection of hosts. I had two different
upstreams with PDs and one had much longer lifetime compared to the
other. So hosts chose the one with the highest lifetime, which wasn't what
I wanted.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se