[Codel] Codel, fq_codel in ns3

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:32:19 EDT 2012

Andrew Mcgregor has developed some ns3 models of Kathie Nichols' and
Van Jacobson's new codel algorithm and also incorporated Eric
Dumazet's fq_codel derivative...

VJ's ietf talk last week on codel and fq_codel is here:

http://recordings.conf.meetecho.com/Recordings/watch.jsp?recording=IETF84_TSVAREA&chapter=part_3

we just rebased the ns3 versions against current ns3 head,
and exported it via hg-git to github...

https://github.com/dtaht/ns-3-dev

Certain parts of the algorithms remain under heavy development, but on
the whole results are good.

ideas on how to best move forward and sideways with this are welcomed.
I would argue we need some time out of tree to bake further.

(is anyone working on ecn in ns3?)

(plug: codel is being tracked on the codel mailing list on
lists.bufferbloat.net)

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki - "3.3.8-6 is out
with fq_codel!"