[LibreQoS] ookla speedtest results?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:31:32 EDT 2022

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 1:17 PM Robert Chacón
<robert.chacon at jackrabbitwireless.com> wrote:

> Here's a customer on a 200/30 Mbps plan via Fixed Wireless.
> LibreQoS using cake diffserv4.
> LTU-LR is the client radio. Home WiFi is 802.11AC which is where most of the bloat comes from.

Yep! I'd like to collect a list of APs that are decent here, out of
the box. 40ms does not seem "bad".

It would be pretty cool to be able to A/B test one of these:
https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/eap615-wall

with stock vs openwrt vs my current openwrt branch, on a test like
this. I don't know enough about the
structure of speedtest and wifi is naturally jittery, but I was down
to 8ms induced latency on a variety of tests
on the mt76 chipset(s) before I put it down. (more important for wifi,
is multi-station loading)

Anyone fiddling with openwisp.org?

> When he tests by Ethernet bloat is 8ms instead of 40ms.

thanks very much! That's gorgeous!

https://www.speedtest.net/result/13846818812

I keep hoping speedtest are internally dissecting data from certain AS
numbers and going "woah!" WTF are they doing?

--
This song goes out to all the folk that thought Stadia would work:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dtaht_the-mushroom-song-activity-6981366665607352320-FXtz