[Make-wifi-fast] [Cake] Airtime fairness patch merged upstream, and the Turris Omnia debloated

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 20:48:05 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 5:41 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Aaron Wood <woody77 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Toke,
> >
> > Do you know if it's made it into the LEDE nightlies, yet?  I loaded up
> the
> > Dec 22 nightly onto my WNDR3800.  Running rrul I'm getting about 10-30ms
> of
> > latency over wired on the same link (and wifi is definitely the limit, as
>
> I'm assuming you meant wireless above?

Yes.

> > it's using piece_of_cake at 135M down, 12M up (and I'm seeing 0
> measurable
>
> I really don't recommend cake at much greater than 60Mbits on this
> hardware inbound.

I, however, am _very_ happy with the results at those levels (using piece
of cake, not layer-cake, layer-cake is flapping bandwidth between BK and
the rest in my tests).

It's not clear to me if the quantum and codel targets were restored to
> their defaults in this release (300->1514, 20ms -> 5ms)

And... my WRT running OpenWRT CC is using quantum 300, target 5ms.

-Aaron