[Make-wifi-fast] mesh deployment with ath9k driver changes

Pete Heist pete at eventide.io
Wed Apr 25 13:17:56 EDT 2018

> On Apr 25, 2018, at 8:36 AM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Silly question, are the cabins by chance behind a common breaker? Then maybe you could switch the 'backhaul' to Powerline tech?

Not silly at all! I tried it once before from our main router to the closest cabin and couldn’t manage to get any signal light at all on the PLC adapter. I’m glad you brought this up though, because I’m inspired to find a wiring diagram of the camp and try again. There are two buildings with cabled Internet and it’s true, if I can get it to work _anywhere_ it might help.

Then the next question is what kind of range/speed I can get out of it. I expect it will be about a 100 meter run. I have about a 30 meter run on my adapter at home, and I think it does around 80Mbit, with an unloaded ping time of around 8ms, actually...