[Make-wifi-fast] Make-wifi-fast Digest, Vol 75, Issue 9

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Mon Aug 9 14:57:12 EDT 2021

A challenge we test guys have is providing systems and information that
are  "immediately actionable" by engineers. In that context, if we can
provide test rigs that support sufficient reproducibilty then engineers can
use "trial and error" which is typically the approach used in complex
systems that are programmable, particularly systems that are non-linear and
have non parametric distributions in their metrics.  Just being able to
reproduce non-parametric distributions is quite an achievement. But that's
not typically good enough as one has to prove the non-parametric
distributions are self similar. And then we can get thousands or more of
them. (The kolmogorov-smirnov helps with this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolmogorov%E2%80%93Smirnov_test  I would say,
"Thank God for computers" but God didn't build computers. A bunch of
predecessors did so "Thank God for them")

All of this requires a lot of "computer control" over the "RF channels."

Bob

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:06 AM Jon Pike <jonpike54 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sidelines guy here, with a half baked suggestion...
>
> I wonder how practical a "Nielson Method" approach might be?  As in, you
> set up a bunch of routers with internal data gathering and reporting ,  and
> give them to a few hundred households...
>
> I can see that to do that would be a not insignificant undertaking itself,
> as well as managing it...  and you'd never have as much data on what's
> happening in the houses when X happens as you might like,   but it would
> beat renting lots of houses.
>
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2021, 9:00 AM <make-wifi-fast-request at lists.bufferbloat.net>
> wrote:
>

>> Our real world test is using a real house that has been rented. Not cheap
>> nor scalable.

This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy
laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are
not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error,
please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and
destroy any printed copy of it.