[Starlink] Intro and a question

Mike Puchol mike at starlink.sx
Wed Jul 28 04:16:13 EDT 2021

I won’t pound on the dead donkey too much, Dick is way above my pay grade on this one, but I’ll just add that multiple polarization schemes were explored in the LTE world when they wanted to move from 2x2 MIMO (achieved with cross-polarized antennas) to 4x4 and higher orders. They just couldn’t make it work, so efforts were abandoned - it’s too hard to achieve the physical separation the “invention” claims through any practical means, which is where Carlos goes into “… and I’ll need a big pocketed investor to prove this works”. Billions have been spent on research for CDMA, LTE and 5G, and nothing in the polarization space has ever been marginally achieved.

Then, considering you only have a single path between a satellite and a ground station, any claims of higher-order MIMO through physical separation are void.

Best,

Mike