[Starlink] congestion control info off the datapath

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Jul 29 10:57:55 EDT 2021

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 10:02:43AM -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> Please? newer folk here, please briefly introduce yourselves and your
> interests in starlink's stuff?
> I very much approve of lurkers - even aliases! for those that cannot
> talk due to various NDAs, etc, but...

Sure, I'm Jared Mauch, I work at Akamai ($dayjob) and my night job is
running a small FTTH business.  I have starlink at a family cabin that
is off-grid about 1k miles away from home.  Because of $night_job I need
to have periodic access to the network remotely.

In my additional spare time I enjoy running my chainsaw, or going rock
climbing both in-gym and outdoors.  I spend a lot of time paying
attention to things like broadband in rural areas and how it can be
expanded.  This includes helping other providers that are on a smilar
path to build FTTH in rural areas.

	- Jared