[Starlink] congestion control info off the datapath

Michael Richardson mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca
Thu Jul 29 17:31:54 EDT 2021

< Please? newer folk here, please briefly introduce yourselves and your
< interests in starlink's stuff?

I live in downtown Ottawa, and I have VDSL2 (because the other options have
no IPv6, and are massively bufferbloated).

But, my relatives choose to live in partially off the grid (at the edge of
the grid?), eat "organic" and drive hundreds of kilometers a week for work.
(I walk to the store, am mostly car-free, and think vegetables that consume
huge amounts of CO2 to get to me can never be more healthy for the planet).

I care about Starlink because it might let my relatives stop driving,
and because it likely will give the Canadian bufferbloated duopoly a serious challenge.

But, it's gotta be real terminal-to-terminal, or it will just result in more
"bent fiber" pervasive attacks .

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )