[Starlink] risc-v in space

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:19:38 EDT 2022

A bit long on marketing, but

https://www.sifive.com/press/nasa-selects-sifive-and-makes-risc-v-the-go-to-ecosystem

Not a lot of chips in this market but I would love to see design tools
that could output robust fpga designs in particular.

The larger question I have though, is how much do we know now about
rad-hardening electronics in space?

I have a few tidbits I've picked up or there about fpgas, f-rams, and
so on, and was passively involved in a innovative
cubesat that did work (with 3 virtualized cpus) in an era where
cubesats had about a 50% failure rate.

and of course we see astronauts using COTS laptops. Is there a NASA
parts catalog of parts that just work and of those that just don't?

--
FQ World Domination pending: https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/state_of_fq_codel/
Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC