[Thumbgps-devel] Article -- Macx-1: GPS receiver with standard USB connector and PPS support

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:43:29 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Jau-Yang Chen <cjy at navisys.com.tw> wrote:
> To thank you and Dave's good idea and great support, GR-601W
> also has a nickname Macx-1.

I've held my tongue for a while hoping followup messages would
enlighten me, but they haven't.  I think it is generous and kind to
nickname a product to thank a potential customer for their suggestion.
 At the same time, I feebly admit I don't see the connection between
Eric Raymond and Dave Taht and the nickname Macx-1.  Perhaps the
meaning or thought behind the choice was explained in email I didn't
see?

Thanks,
Dave Hart