[Thumbgps-devel] macx-1

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 17:27:10 EDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com> wrote:
> Yo Dave!
>
> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 09:31:58 -0700
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I finally got around to getting one way time measurements going in
>> the yurtlab.
>>
>> https://plus.google.com/u/0/s/%23yurtlab
>>
>>  I'm kind of in need of 2-3 more gpses - I heard a rumor that someone
>> was getting a small manufacturing run of the macx-1 together?
>
> After waiting 14 months for someone else to do it I ordered a small pile
> of these.  I'll let them go for $45/ea inc/shipping.  They are $77/ea.
> if you order just one from Navisys.

Sorry for the delay. I am glad the pile exists, and hope that we can
pull together a kickstarter campaign to use them! In the interim, I
could use 5 sent here and 5 sent to europe... do you take paypal, or?

Did you get the one with the supercap?

>> Note: the current version of gpsd in debian wheezy for the beaglebone
>> doesn't support the ids on the macx-1 I had. Building it wasn't a
>> problem, but...
>
> Odd, it shows up as a simpple PL2303:
>
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port

The problem is lost in the logfiles, I'll dig it up when I install a
few new ones.