[Bloat] DHCP-PD and cerowrt

Maxim Kharlamov mcs at podsolnuh.biz
Thu Nov 10 15:08:04 EST 2011

Hi Dave,

dhcp6c config file attached. My ISP use /48 prefixes. Basically I had to
change 'enabled' to '1', set the interface to use for the client (ge00),
set the interfaces to which prefixes should be assigned (loopback and se00
for now) and set sla_len to 16 for them (48 + 16 = 64).
It looks like dhcp6c is able to get a prefix, but this prefix is not
properly integrated with the rest of cerowrt. See the ifconfig.out attached
- only the interfaces explicitly mentioned in the dhcp6c config file got
proper ipv6 addresses (2406:*) eventually, the others are getting 2002:*
global unicast addresses.
Also, for some reason, dhcp6c refuses to assign ipv6 prefix to ge00 (if I
change loopback to ge00 at the end of the config file, it won't start).
Computers behind the router are also getting 2002:* addresses and work
through 6-to-4.

Thanks,
Maxim

--